Friday, November 18, 2011

Aneke: Keshi Made My Debut Smooth


Nigeria Premier League (NPL) all-time goal scorer, Jude Aneke, has revealed that Super Eagles supremo, Stephen Keshi prepared him for his first international cap in Wednesday’s friendly against Zambia.

Aneke, who scored 20 goals to erase Ahmed Musa’s previous 18-goal record came on for Emmanuel Emenike on 74 minutes and received a loud ovation from enthusiastic fans of his Kaduna based club.

"It was a proud moment for me. Keshi told me football is the same all over the world. He said it’s difficult to score 20 goals in Nigeria and all I need to excel is to be confident.

"I thank God for making this possible,” the Political Science graduate of Ebonyi State University told SuperSport.com.

The forward also appreciated the support from Kaduna fans.

“I was thrilled with the reaction from the Kaduna fans when the coach introduced me. It shows they’ve appreciated my efforts at Kaduna United. It was great to play in front of the fans who have followed my success at Kaduna United,” he said to SuperSport.com.

The Kaduna United star hopes to progress under Keshi even as he prepares for a new football challenge in the Belgian Jupiler League, where Genk are anxiously waiting to receive him for observation.

Aneke scored 32 Premier League goals in two seasons for Kaduna United

No comments:

Post a Comment