Wednesday, February 8, 2012

NKWOCHA TARGETS FIFTH AWC CROWN

Reigning African Women's Footballer of the Year, Perpetua Nkwocha, is looking forward to retaining her African title for the fifth consecutive time before hanging her boots.

 Nkwocha who was last week honoured with a merit award by the Majority Leader of the Imo State House of Assembly, Honourable Adaku Ngozi Ihuoma, who also doubles as Chairman House Committee on Women Affairs, Youth and Sports, for winning the CAF Footballer of the Year (Women) award for the fourth consecutive time, disclosed that winning the next edition remains her biggest ambition for now.

 "I feel happy and honoured to have won the CAF award for four times which no player has done before," she noted.

"It is said that to whom much is given, much is expected; so I see it as a big challenge. I want to see if I can make it five over five at the forthcoming AWC in 2012 before I call it quits. That is my target and I hope that by the grace of God, I will be able to accomplish it."

 Nkwocha had set a 15 goals target during the African Women's Championship in
South Africa in 2010.

 Though she could not hit her goals benchmark, her eventual 13 goals haul was enough to help the Super Falcons retrieve the AWC crown which they lost two years earlier in Equatorial Guinea


No comments:

Post a Comment