Saturday, January 8, 2011

Emenalo Faces Sack! Chelsea Faithful Wants Nigerian Coach Fired


Chelsea supremo, Carlo Ancelotti has been told to do away with the services of his Nigerian born number, two Micheal Emenalo for a more experienced tactician.
Emenalo’s elevation from his former post as chief scout to Ancelotti right hard man following the dismissal of Ray Wilkins has generated a lot of controversy at the current Premier League champions.
Since Wilkins exit, the Blues have collected a meagre 10 points from their past 11 Premier League outings and are now nine points behind Manchester United.
It is not the form of prospective Champions League candidates finishing inside the top four, never mind a side chasing a domestic championship.
Carlo Ancellotti’s men are fifth in the table, a point behind London rivals, Tottenham.
Written on the club’s website, soccer pundit, Blue Angel attributed part of the West London side’s downfall to the coming of Emenalo and is adamant Ancelotti needs to do away with his services.
According to Blue Angel: “Having a meeting with Ron Gairlay and Eugene Tenembaum in which he politely but firmly asks to have Micheal Emenalo removed from the first team coaching staff, a position which he is not qualified to fill, and he replaces him with an assistant of his own choosing.
“It is important that he has complete confidence in his assistant and that his assistant is not simply a “plant” by the board.

TAIWO: ‘MONEY WON’T FORCE ME OUT OF MARSEILLE!’

Super Eagles Defender Gives Condition For French Club Exit
  

Congratulations on your successful campaign with Olympic Marseille this season. What has been the key to your success?
God is the main factor to my recent success with Marseille, I cannot deny that. Besides, I want to say that it pays to be hard-working as a professional footballer like me if one is really determined to make good success in the game. It is God that gave me the opportunity to be where I am today, so I owe God and my family a lot by putting in more efforts in terms of training and discipline. I am glad we won double last season, but there are still more laurels to be won this season. As you can see, we are still on course in the French Ligue 1 despite the fact that we occupy fifth on the table, but only three points separate us from the league leaders, Lille OSC.
The French Ligue 1 has been very competitive this season with little known Lille OSC dictating the pace on the table. As team captain, do you still fancy Marseille making it double this season?
Everything is possible with God. I have been telling my teammates that we need to be very hardworking this season because every club now see themselves as potential winners of the league. We have resolved to work as a team and thank God we have been able to put up some sterling performances in the league this season. I just returned from our pre-season training now, we are ready to return to the summit again. We have our next game against Girondins Bordeaux and we are very determined to win that match.
You have continued to maintain the good reputation of African players at Marseille, with the likes of Abedi Pele singing your praises. Are you under any pressure to equal Abedi’s UEFA Champions League record as Marseille face Manchester United in February?
Abedi has always been a good ambassador of Marseille and he is well respected here. The door is always open to him each time he comes around to watch his son, Dede Ayew. He usually communicates with me and encourages us to take the club to greater heights. It is a great thing for me to get lots of plaudits from one of Africa’s and Marseille’s all time best. He won several titles with Marseille and it will be difficult to equal his stunning success at Marseille even though he keeps telling us that we can surpass his record. I am always lifted each time he comes to Marseille to cheer us up. As to Manchester your question on our chances against Manchester United, I think the game is open at this stage of Champions League. All we need to do is to believe in ourselves and go for the kill against United. We all know United is a big club and they surely have a big reputation in Europe but we are focused too, we will prepare adequately against United.
The media have been awashed with reports of your impeding exit from The Velodrome with clubs like Juventus, Liverpool, Fiorentina, Inter Milan, AC Milan and Tottenham touted as your possible destination. Where is TT heading to?
I am happy to read on pages of newspapers that lots of European clubs are interested in me. I give thanks to God for that and it shows that my hardwork is yielding results already.  A lot of people have been calling to ask me the same questions as to where I will be heading to, but all I can say now is that I’m just waiting for the right move that will be of mutual benefit to my career and my family as well. It makes you feel great whenever clubs keep coming for you because it will afford you the opportunity to carefully pick the best among your suitors. Any club that wants me is always welcome (laughter) as far as I am concerned but I have to weigh my options first, then if it is okay I will gladly move on to put pen to paper.
Marseille recently placed a 6.5m euros price tag on you, is money a determinant factor here, considering lots of offers you have turned down in the past?
Honestly, money comes last when it comes to moving from one club to another. Money is not everything even though I must admit that it is just a small factor of what determines my decision especially when it has to do with my career. I am content with what I’m earning at Marseille at the moment and it will be difficult to lure me away from the Velodrome. I can’t just make up my mind to dump Marseille simply because lots of European clubs are dangling carrots at me now. There is a possibility of running into troubled waters if money is to be a determinant factor in players transfer. What if you fail to adapt to your new life there? Questions must be asked on club structure, transfer and administrative set up of such clubs is also important. I won’t just jump the ship because of money. Fine, we are all working for money, but care must be taken when these clubs start asking for your signature. My family will also be put into consideration and more importantly, my brother  I have to pray to God too so that I don’t just make the wrong move that will cost me my career. We need God’s guidance in everything  my brother.
It is a great thing for any player to get offers from different clubs but like I have always advised: always choose carefully and go for the right one, but money should not be a determinant factor in your selection. It is better to go for a club that will assure your first team football week in, week out because you cannot become a better player sitting on the bench.
Do you foresee a brand new Super Eagles with character under Coach Samson Siasia?
As we all know, Samson Siasia is a good coach by all standards and I know this because I played under him at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2005. He is a coach every player will like to play under because he makes you believe in yourself. I was nervous when I started football as a professional, but Siasia encouraged me to come over for trials in 2005 and that was it. He is also a lucky coach and I believe his luck and dedication will affect on the national team. He is a coach I will love to work with because I love Siasia as a person because of his hardwork and approach to the game. Eguavoen did a good job too as caretaker and he could have done a better job too if he was told to carry on, because he is equally good and cool headed. Nigeria did well to have picked Siasia too, so I am glad to have Siasia at the helm of affairs of Super Eagles. He has what it takes to turn things around for Super Eagles and I want to assure Nigerians that they should brace up to see a new Super Eagles that will play with passion and zeal under Samson because he is a Samson without a Delilah.
I will be ready to honour his call anytime he calls me, because he makes you want to play for him and to me that is a hallmark of a good manager.
He (Samson Siasia) was bitter when you opted out of Beijing Olympics in 2008 but he said he bears no grudge against you and Mikel. What has he told you since taking over as Super Eagles coach?
It was a difficult time for me then even though it hurt to have missed out of the Olympics but we have since mended fences and life is going on well with us at the moment. I am confident that he will build a strong national team. My only piece of advice for him is to keep discovering more players so that we can have a strong national team. He is assured of our supports and players at all times. We have been talking since his appointment and he told me how he wants me to be part of his programme. On my part, I have since given him my word of assurance that I will be readily available to play for him anytime.
You have been reaching out to youths in your area by giving out football kits and cash rewards. Would you say your humble beginnings prompted such kind gestures?
Yes. I had a humble beginning as a footballer. It hurts to see young and talented players waste away, simply because they could not afford their necessary kits to train and play football. Besides, I have come to realize that it takes God for players to succeed and not just by our abilities. We must continue to give back to the society that help shaped our lives from the beginning. I will continue to support football at grassroots level as part of my contribution to develop the game in my country.
Nigeria play Ethiopia in March in the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations Cup qualifiers. Will Taiye Taiwo be available for that clash? What are your expectations?
That is a game we the players are looking forward to, because that will be our first game under our new coach Samson Siasia. Of course, I will be coming for that game; I just pray that there won’t be any form of injury. Ethiopia should not be underrated at all because football has developed beyond the borders and every country plays better football against Nigeria. It was quite unfortunate to have lost against Guinea in our last game, but I want to assure Nigerians that we are ready to make amends against Ethiopia, Insha Allah. Let Nigerians continue to support the senior national team and Coach Samson Siasia too; together we will do this country proud once again.
Your last word?
Well, I want to thank Nigerians who stay glued to their television sets watching my game every week, Marseille won’t disappoint them this season. All I need is their prayers and I will continue to do my best for my club and country.
Thank you for your time.
It’s my pleasure David

Bologna Chase Nsofor! Serie A Side Seek To Lure Eagles Star

 

West Ham United forward, Obinna Nsofor is on the radar of Italian clubside, Bologna, who are looking to lure the Nigerian striker back into the Serie A.
Bologna, the club presently occupying the 14th position on the Serie A ladder, is looking for a striker who can guarantee them a number of goals in the second half of the season and Obinna is top on their wish list.
Obinna, who was formerly with Italian giants, Inter Milan, could not tie down a regular starting shirt with the Nerazzuri which prompted his being shipped on loan to modest Premier League side, West Ham United where he is presently enjoying a stable playing time.
And though the Nigerian striker has expressed his desire to remain in England, Bologna are hoping they can persuade the former Chievo Verona striker to have a rethink, especially as his contract with Inter Milan expires in June.
West Ham have also expressed interest to give Obinna a new contract but with the Hammers still rooted at the bottom of the Premier League table, it remains to be seen if the Nigerian would want to stick with the club in the event of relegation.

No comments:

Post a Comment