Friday, April 22, 2011

OSAZE: I WANT TO REMAIN A BAGGIE


Peter Osaze Odemwingie has again ruled out the prospect of leaving West Brom by confirming he is 'very happy' at the Hawthorns.

The 29-year-old Nigeria international has enjoyed an impressive debut season in the Premier League, since joining from Lokomotiv Moscow last summer, with 12 goals so far for the Baggies.

As a result several other clubs, including Italian giants Juventus, have been linked with a possible swoop for his services but Odemwingie insists he is set to stay put at the Hawthorns, with the Baggies on the verge of securing Premier League safety.

"You never know what's round the corner in football, but all I can say right now is that I'm very happy here at West Brom," Odemwingie told Fifa's official website.

"I'm not anxious to move again. Transfers can always happen but this club gave me a chance in England and, as long as I'm happy and I'm scoring goals, I've no problem staying here."

Meanwhile Odemwingie has again praised the impact boss Roy Hodgson has had on the team after he took over from Roberto Di Matteo in February.

"He's a very strong person with real character, and he makes sure the team is always extremely well organised and focused," Odemwingie added.

"I must say too that I still admire Roberto Di Matteo because we played some great football under him earlier in the season. But I do think we started relaxing after starting so well and began to think the job was done.
"Maybe the previous manager lost a bit of control when that started happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment