Saturday, April 9, 2011

OSAZE TO SIASIA: I AM VERY SORRY


Albion Star Apologises, Ready To Play For Eagles Coach



FOOTBALL:
West Bromwich Albion hitman, Peter Osaze Odemwingie has apologised to Super Eagles' gaffer, Samson Siasia followng his twitter rant where he asked the coach to speak out if he had issues with him (Osaze).

 Siasia was reported to have expressed anger at the way the Albion forward left the Eagles Transcorp Hilton camp on Monday despite an order from the coach not to go.

 A newspaper (not Complete Sports) later reported that the coach had a fcae off with both Osaze and Obafemi Martins who was also injured and understandably did not play against Ethiopia.

 This infuriated Osaze who thought the coach should have reasoned with him on why he had to go back to England instead of staying for the international friendly game against Kenya penultimate Tuesday in Abuja.
 Here Complete Sports,courtesy of Brila FM gives you some of Osaze's thoughts...

ON WHAT HE WROTE ON HIS TWITTER PAGE

I have been receiving a lot of messages about what I wrote on my twitter page.I do not know that what I wrote will cause a big problem.

What I tweeted was not any criticism of him, it was like a thought. I had a question in my head like why didn’t he understand why I had to leave, it's not an insult.

Prior to the time I left camp ,the first thing I did was to call the coach (Samson Siasia) and the team’s secretary (Dayo Enebi Achor) and explained that I needed to leave for England so as to help my team while assuring that I will continue to make myself available for crucial games just like I managed to do against Ethiopia. I didn’t  know that decision was wrong but I expected that he (Siasia) will understand that the season so far has been a tough one for me especially with my injury problems.I have been playing with a lot of pain killers and I thought they will all understand my frustration.Obviously the coach wasn't aware of what I have been going through on the injury front.

I must confess that I poured out my anger on him in frustration, but it is nothing personal.
If it was said by any one else in the national team, I would have twitted the same thing. It sounded rude, but we don’t have problems, we are all together for a cause to win and lift a trophy for Nigeria. I have never won any trophy with the Super Eagles. Winning bronze twice is not enough for me. I hope we work together as I am ready to play for the coach.

Once again, I do not know what I said can be misinterpreted to mean another thing.But I’ve said sorry and I do not mean to hurt anyone and hopefully we’ll keep working together.

What I wrote has not created any division in camp.There is no division at all because it’s all about me. It’s my comment about the coach for him to understand my situation and show understanding to make me manage my injury so as to help my club achieve things.

I did everything to play the Ethiopia game and I just wanted people to understand my concern. Maybe it was a mistake on my part tweeting that way to express my frustration about my injury.But it will never happen again.

My assurance to Nigerians is that everything is okay and I am always ready like I have been doing before to give my best to the national team.

ON HIS PERFORMANCE AGAINST LIVERPOOL

It was a very good game for us, it was also a great feeling playing against one of the big teams and of course a team once managed by our coach (Roy Hodgson). Every game is important, and much more against a strong team like Liverpool. We were all looking forward to that game and it’s good we got all the three points at stake and that’s important for us.

INABILITY TO SCORE DESPITE INSPIRING...

What is important is to see the team win but I hope to break the record of goals scored in a season by a player in West Brom. Uptill now, the highest that any player has scored in one season is 10 and it is my strong desire to break that record by getting on the scoresheet again . I have scored ten already and one more goal will set a new record and I hope to do that with seven games remaining. I created the two penalties that allowed my team to get the goals and I am very satisfied with that,getting the opportunity to help my team to shoot and get those goals, a great feeling and I am happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment