Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I love confident men who sweep me off my feet

I love confident men who sweep me off my feet
Starting from humble beginnings, Rita Dominic has risen to be counted amongst the top echelon, considered one of the best female actresses in Nollywood, and has largely stayed off controversies. And in a recent interview she granted Entertainment Today, Rita made a revelation of her ideal type of Man:

You‘ve slowed down on Nollywood movie features, what ís the reason?

I am sure you’ve noticed that it is not just me. The quality of the stories and productions started going down drastically and at some point you have to remember why you went into the profession in the first place. If all these years we don’t improve, then there is no reason to continue. I am glad a new Nollywood is emerging and we are all trying to do better work.

Define the Rita Factor that differentiates you from other female Nollywood actresses?

I feel like that question is one for others to answer. Every human being is uniquely blessed by God and I try to be true to myself by being me.

Do you have any plans to direct and produce your own movie?

Co-produce yes but not direct at this time. I still feel that there is so much I can do as an actor. Maybe later down the line, I will direct something but I still enjoy acting so much.

Do you have any movie you are working on now?

Yes, I am going to Nairobi in a few days to shoot a film. The working title is ‘Shattered’ and it’s produced by Carol Nguta for Dream House Productions. I am looking forward to it because it is quite a challenging one.

Looking at the great change in Nollywood movies today, is there anything you would like to change as a person or add to it?

We can get always better in terms of the quality of the stories we tell and the way we tell them. I am producing my first film soon and I am doing my best to do a good job.

Male actors in Nollywood are cute, which do you find it hard to work with when trying to avoid emotional attachments?

Lol, you think our male actors are cute? Good for you! When I go to work, it is not my intention to go fishing for emotional attachments so I cannot say there is any male actor I find hard working with for the reasons you have stated.

Talking about classics like Ripples, Behind the Clouds, Checkmate and the others. Do you have any soaps from the past that you still miss?

I remember watching Checkmate and enjoying RMD’s (Richard Mofe Damijo) character. I also liked the late Francis Agu’s character as well.

If you win a lottery today, which of the Nollywood actresses would you enjoying spending it with?

(Laughs) they know themselves and they are very fun people, no airs whatsoever. Two live in Abuja and one is in Lagos so figure it out if you can.

Off the record, if not burgers and fries, which African dish are you very good at making?

I am good at making different dishes but I will say Egusi and Oha soup.

Do you ask male artists these questions?

Tell us something you think the press doesn’t know about you already.

Are you for real?
They know too much already!

We hear a lot of celebrity broken marriages round the world, what exactly would you say turns you off about Nigerian men?

I don’t know about turn off but generally, a man that says what he means and means what he says is a big turn on for me. I love a confident and purposeful man.

Do you have a problem with being dominated by a guy?

(sighs) ‘Dominated’ is a word that can mean so many things to so many different people. You would have to rephrase that question.

Would you ever act in a movie for free?

Ohhh yes! If I see that dream role I definitely would do it but that is why we have management. They stop you from doing silly stuff like that (laughs). If not a lot of artistes would starve for their art.

Which artiste in Nigeria would you date if he asked nicely?
Yeah right, like I would really tell you!

What is the cheapest amount you ever received for a movie?
Zero naira. There are still some producers owing me from back in the day.

What brand of car makes you go ‘WOW’ every time it’s being driven by?
The Rolls Phantom Drop Head Coupe is lovely.

Who made your best dress?
Data for JD7.

Boots and Boys, which do you find fun in?

Huh? I love boots and I love boys so there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment