Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shittu Emotional After QPR Return


Danny Shittu admits he feels so emotional about his QPR homecoming that he expects to be in floods of tears if and when he signals his return with a goal.

The defender, who made his first appearance for the Hoops for four and a half years in Tuesday night's 2-0 win against Ipswich, almost marked his comeback with a goal.

He was pumped up just scoring for the reserves against Crystal Palace last week and he reckons he won't be able to contain himself if he repeats the feat for the first team.

"I was a bit gutted not to score," Shittu told the Chronicle after victory over the Tractor Boys at Loftus Road.

"There was a header that hit a guy who I don't think knew much about it, and I had a shot that another guy blocked, but I'm going to keep going.

"I know when I score my first goal for QPR, it will mean so much that I will probably be in tears.
"It was a great night for the team and I'm just glad it went well. In fact, I don't think it could have gone any better apart from me scoring a goal.

"Emotion played a big part in carrying me through the game.

"I was a bit nervous before the game because I knew those fans were expecting me to do what I usually do. I didn't want to let them down."

Shittu, 30, made 182 appearances for QPR between 2001 and 2006, establishing himself as a crowd favourite at Loftus Road.

The manager put a lot of trust in me. It was a big game for us and I'm happy I was able to repay him.

No comments:

Post a Comment