Wednesday, March 2, 2011

FENERBAHCE SEEK PERMANENT CONTRACT FOR JOSEPH YOBO


Turkish giants,Fenerbahce have expressed interest in making permanent the loan deal of Super Eagles captain,Joseph Yobo,Complete Sports can report.

 Yobo joined the club in January on a loan deal from English Premier League side, Everton till the end of the season but the big Turkish club are keen on signing the Nigerian to a permanent contract.

 The club have already made contat with Everton and discussion is expected to begin between the tow clubs.

Meanwhile Yobo has told Mtnfootball he is upbeat about winning the first piece of silverware of his career with Turkish giants Fenerbache.

At the weekend, Fenerbache shot to the top of the Turkish top flight, toppling Trabzonspor, who had enjoyed a nine-point gap over the Istanbul giants going into the winter recess.

Yobo specially told MTNFootball.com that he turned down a host of top clubs to join Fenerbache on loan from Everton in the summer because he wanted to end his trophy drought.

“For me, it is about winning something and that is why I went to Fenerbache. When I was about leaving Everton on the last day of the transfer window, I had about 10 clubs wanting me to sign for them and that was in the last 48 hours of transfer window,” said Yobo.

“It is always a good sign that big clubs are chasing you, but then you have to pick rightly. So, I am glad I picked Fenerbache and now I am chasing to win the championship with them.”

He continued: “Winning trophies is one thing that has been missing in my career. I have been around for sometime now and I have played in some top leagues, but failed to win anything.

“It is a nice thing to win something, you just want to be part of the winning side. I have had opportunities to play to play for the biggest clubs in the world. That is not a fluke.
It shows that I am doing something good.”

The central defender disclosed he has enjoyed his time in Turkey and hinted that it is now very likely he could join Fenerbache on a permanent basis at the end of the season.

“I am now in Istanbul, Turkey, and I am enjoying every minute there. The life style in Turkey is different, the culture is different, and the people and football in Turkey are different. It is a new challenge and I have taken it with both hands and I am enjoying it,” he told MTNFootball.com.
“It’s always really hard when you move to a club and most especially a big club like Fenerbache. The challenges and the pressure to win every time are there but for me it is a good thing. Fenerbache are a huge club and I am blessed to be playing for them.

“Uche Okechukwu and ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha played for this club but I didn’t know the club is that big until I joined them. It’s a massive club and every player wants to play for a big club.

“I am now playing to win the league and I want to play in the Champions League next season.
With Everton I have played in the UEFA Cup a few times and once in the Champions League, but now it is time to remain in the Champions League and that is what I want to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment