Monday, March 28, 2011

UCHE VOTED MVP, SAYS: I'M BACK TO MY BEST!


Returning Eagles striker, Ikechukwu Uche, was voted as Man of the Match after coming on as a second half substitute to score a brace in an African Nations Cup qualifier against Ethiopia last night.

The Real  Zaragoza of  Spain forward showed class and received plaudits from soccer fans and votes from journalists covering the match after the team struggled to find their bearing in the early moments.

Speaking  at the post match interview, the younger of the two Uche brothers said:
“My goals showed that I am back to my best. I have continued where I stopped the last time I played for the national team. I promise to continue to do my best for the Eagles and I think we are now on course for Nations Cup qualification.

“The Ethiopians were very determined in the first half as thery were defending very well. The good thing was that in the second half, the coaches made some changes that eventually paid off and I congratulate my team mates for the wonderful second half display that culminated into three goals.”

No comments:

Post a Comment