Thursday, May 12, 2011

WHY I JOINED MILAN


Super Eagles Star Speaks On Switch To New Serie A Champions
Super Eagles defender Taye Taiwo has revealed that his desire to play for one of Europe’s truly big clubs convinced him to accept AC Milan’s offer to join the Italian giants next season.
Milan announced the signing of the Marseille left-back over the weekend after months of speculation linking the former Lobi Stars player with several European clubs.
Taiwo told Lagos radio station Brila FM yesterday that he opted for Milan because he would love to rub shoulders with top European stars and play for a club on the same level as English Premier League giants Manchester United and Chelsea.
“Well I joined Milan simply because the team is good, the players play very good football just like Manchester United and Chelsea in the English Premier League,” he said.
“ I am not saying that other teams are not good. I have always wanted to play for a big team as a Super Eagles player so all I can say is that I am very excited with the move since they have good players like (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, (Alexander) Pato, (Clarence) Seedorf and others.”
The 26-year-old former Flying Eagles player, voted the third best player at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2005 behind Lionel Messi and Mikel Obi, describes the Milan move as a big opportunity and step forward.
“I must also say that I have seen a big opportunity in my life. My agent did everything possible and right now, I just want to concentrate on my football with Marseille and help them win the league. I do not want any disturbance in my head at the moment, I am still with Marseille,” he stated.
Speaking on his side’s chances of winning the league trophy for the second time in a row, he expressed optimism as there are still some games left to play.
He said: “We are still playing in the league, and there are four games left to play before the end of the season. I really thank God because at a point, it was eight points difference. We still have a good opportunity so it means we can still win it with four games remaining. I will be very glad if we do because no one knows what will happen. I pray to Almighty Allah to win the league as it will be a good way to end the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment